Location: US, Virtual - Central
Region: USApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As an Open Text consultant you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same. You will be supported with training on our solutions, be able to receive relevant certifications and have many opportunities for advancement. Our experts also frequently have the opportunity to take part in international assignments.
The Senior Project Manager in the Professional Services organization is a key contributor to the achievement of department goals and initiatives, while at the same time managing delivery of customer engagements. The PM drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction, establish a solid working relationship and build on that foundation to develop future engagements. The PM fulfills a key advisory role to the Director of Professional Services. In addition, the successful PM has the ability to work in a cross-department manner and is able to lead resources not under their direct control.
You are great at:
• Project managing assigned Client engagements including, but not limited to, forecasting of booked revenue, tracking project financials, managing risks, project scope change and issues through to resolution
• Working with the Professional Services Resource Manager and other Project Managers to establish project resource needs, screen candidates both internal and external to the Professional Services team and co-ordinate project resources on a weekly basis and also forecast project hours and revenue accurately on a weekly basis
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously and defining project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
• Identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path and delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Managing projects so that they are delivered on time, on budget, project delivery with minimal escalations and proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises, and devising contingency plans
• Supporting Professional Services Directors with preparation of Statements of Work, including scope definition and estimation and providing internal project reports to the field operations team and Professional Services Directors as required
• Assisting in the creation of presentation materials including public forum presentations and internal presentations particularly for executive consumption
• Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
What it takes:
• Experience in a Professional Services environment managing large and mid-sized Enterprise Information Management or Enterprise Content Management solution projects
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in project management
• At least 5 years experience with large complex systems deployments
• BA, CAPM, PMP or equivalent certifications
• Supporting qualifications AGILE, SCRUM, RUP an asset
• Experience working projects in a matrix environment, across industries
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and writing skills
• Experience negotiating through difficult project situations with customers and internal teams
• Strong project accounting experience and skills.
• Extremely strong Microsoft Project, MS Office capabilities
• Experience delivering SAP projects is preferred
• Experience delivering OpenText products is desired
• Strong preference to be based in Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act