Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Retirement Plan Program Manager will partner with the Director, Global Benefits on all aspects of OpenText’s retirement plans, globally. The role will have specific responsibility for 401(k) retirement plans while also being responsible for developing policies, procedures and practices to ensure the effective management, administration and regulatory compliance of all retirement plans globally, including defined contribution and defined benefit plans. The Retirement Plan Program Manager will support the Global Benefits team as a technical resource and provide expert guidance and advice regarding retirement plan provisions, proposed or adopted regulatory requirements, and compliance requirements. This is a global role with responsibility to apply knowledge and adapt strategies across different regions.
You are great at:
• Support the Director, Global Benefits in managing and facilitating Retirement Plan Committees around the world and Retirement Programs Advisory Committee (RPAC), including the preparation of Committee meetings materials, management reports regarding retirement plan trends, investment performance, fund balances and operational effectiveness.
• Provide continual evaluation of plan management and operational policies and procedures; identify and suggest reengineering opportunities to improve operations, efficiency, and service. Seeks to understand root causes, identify all stakeholders, and propose and implement solutions that minimize both operational disruption and plan risk.
• Review and evaluation of M&A target retirement plans, identify any potential liabilities, and resolve any outstanding compliance issues and develop strategies for the management and/or future integrations of plans.
• Manage compliance requirements, including annual reporting, testing, actuarial reporting and audits to ensure plans are following required procedures and that any deficiencies identified are corrected in a timely manner.
• Develop effective communication and training procedures to educate key stakeholders about their plan compliance responsibilities.
• Responsible for accurate and timely completion of 401(k) defined contribution compliance testing, the analyses of test results, and recommendation of solutions for adverse test results.
• Review new plan adoptions, plan mergers, asset transfers, plan freezes, and other complex and atypical transactions to evaluate impacts to the plan and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
What it takes:
• 6-8 years demonstrated experience in managing defined contribution retirement plans. Defined Benefit retirement plan experience and asset
• Prior experience in 401(k) plan management, compliance and administration, with working knowledge of Department of Labor (“DOL”), Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”), and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”) requirements and their appropriate application to pension plans
• You are self-starter, comfortable working under pressure and have outstanding organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
• Detailed - Strong attention to detail with the ability to quickly assess and analyze problems and develop solutions
• Analytical - demonstrated research and analytical skills
• Communicator - Strong ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, on technical and complicated issues to a non-technical audience.
• Subject Matter Expert - Sound knowledge of pension plan design and management with the ability to apply knowledge across plans globally to interpret and apply plan rules. Knowledge of investment strategies related to corporate retirement plan and the ability to apply these concepts effectively as asset
• Bachelor's degree or beyond from an accredited college or university in human resources, finance, tax or accounting along with CEBS/GBA/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred or working towards
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.