Function: Technical Support
Location: US, OH, Brook ParkApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
GXS, now OpenText, is searching for a Technical Support Specialist to provide Customer Support for our accounts. The daily activities will be to provide technical support for customers using OpenText applications, assists with new client on boarding to the platform, and client testing support. They will also perform proactive daily transaction and application monitoring on a 24x7x365 basis. In addition, the resource will be responsible for all incidents and problem management to support customers who will exchange business documents over the Internet and various communication protocols.
You are great at:
• Responding immediately to all customer emails and phone calls. Provide periodic updates until Incident has been resolved.
• Responding to alerts generated for any point of failure within the client solution.
• Monitoring all links to ensure all transactions from the customers are received and delivered on time.
• Resolving all critical and major events within SLA requirements – requiring SME’s ready and available when an event occurs.
• Resolving or engaging others to resolve all incidents within SLA.
• Overseeing the on boarding of new clients through an infrastructure of both internal and external contacts.
• Serving as the first level of support for all on boarding related questions and issues.
• Reviewing and assume responsibility for performance metrics and service level agreements.
• Flexibility in work schedule including rotating, on-call support activities that may at times, involve weekends and holidays.
• Entry level with technical background acceptable.
• Communicating directly with clients and vendors to coordinate client testing and support.
What it takes:
• Excellent communication skills both in English.
• Good level understanding of structure and experience working with at least two Data Formats: (EDI, XML, X12, EDIFACT, Flat File).
• Good level understanding in principles of at least one major Communication Protocol: (Http (AS2), FTPS, SSL, SSH.
• Experience working with UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.
• Strong understanding of at least one major Database: (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MS Access).
• Knowledge in Networking Technologies.
• Preferable three to five years of demonstrated success performing the responsibilities listed for this role as well as technical experience with commercial software such as Microsoft Office suite; excellent written and oral communication skills.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act