Senior Systems Administrator
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
This position has the responsibility of reviewing, planning and evaluating hardware, software and custom deployments to the organization’s global production infrastructure. This level II position within the department has the added responsibility of being a subject matter expert in multiple platforms/systems that are administered. The position requires detailed technical knowledge of specific systems and network elements and ability to troubleshoot those elements completely, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If needed, recommend and/or design new solutions to faulty or outdated components within the given production network element.
You are great at:
- Working with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
- Ensuring that work does not impact the customer, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
- Creating and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules for given system element.
- Providing 24/7 ‘tier3’ support of specific production system section.
- Deploying all new production servers/devices fully configured and completely production ready into the production network.
- Providing documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
- Managing tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
- Developing and maintaining production server documentation.
- Cross-Train production support & engineering personnel to ensure knowledge is held by multiple individuals
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of specific production system configuration and its components (hardware, software, configurations, design, etc.).
- Familiar with standard practices and procedures of all components within network element.
- Ability to creatively resolve problems and/or design new solutions to known flaws in design, and describe these in a detailed and clear report to management.
- Knowledge of server and system security along with UNIX & Windows administration experience.
- Administration of VMware, vSphere and ESXi and knowledge of server and system design.
- Administration of server technologies including the management of physical servers and operating systems, primarily Cisco UCS.
- Knowledge of telephony technology and TCP/IP and serial communications.
- Ability to document systems and designs and coordinate and Implement change management requests.
- On call support of escalated issues in the physical/virtual server environment.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com