ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The NOC Manager is responsible for maintaining 7x24/365 uptime and availability for all OpenText IT Corporate and Production Cloud Services. The Global NOC is responsible for the monitoring of all OpenText Platforms/Systems. In this role, as a NOC Tier2 Manager, the focus is on your assigned NOC shift team direct reports and ensuring the function of the NOC Tier2 team are meeting expected productivity and efficiency. As a people managers, the position includes administrative and developmental management of direct report employees, NOC Tier2 Analysts. In this capacity the NOC Manager is responsible for performance appraisals, payroll and time management of reporting team members. The position is an evening 6pm-6am shift with the potential for future opportunities to work other hours.
You are great at:
- Oversee training, troubleshooting, and monitoring efficiency as the NOC Tier2 Analysts’ first point of escalation for the team.
- Acting as a key stakeholder and driver of the company’s Incident Management standard processes across all platforms and services within OpenText, as well as all other OpenText Standard Practices and Procedures, adherence is expected.
- Providing input into the improvement, design, development, documentation, and testing, of all monitoring tools used by both the NOC Tier2, and NOC Tier1, teams for all systems.
- Working with the NOC Management team on Projects and be assigned tasks/goals specific to improvements within the Global NOC organization.
- Driving Service MTTR, Knowledge Upskill and Continuous Improvements.
- Attending daily management Quality Call to speak to NOC related events/incidents.
- Attending NOC engaged MPRs (currently averaging 2 MPRs a day).
- Managing day to day NOC operations and non-Major Incidents.