ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OpenText is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Network Engineer who will share responsibility in the design, development and management of our global network while acting as network prime in a key data center. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in managing, maintaining, and enhancing a highly fluid corporate network, and understands the challenges of supporting a 24x7 global operation. This position requires a strong understanding of all aspects of a highly converged corporate network and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner. The role also entails strong execution and focus to meet the needs of internal and external paying customers.
You are great at:
- Providing business requirements analysis as related to aspects of unified communications, networking and network security
- Designing and implementing data communications architectures including integration of applications, data, and other infrastructure architectures.
- Identify operational weaknesses within the existing network infrastructure and present execution plans to overcoming those concerns in a timely fashion while still making the most cost-efficient use of resources
- Working to complete all projects assigned and exhaust all possible resources in order to provide results on time, within specifications, and on budget
- Actively monitor and react to real-time network conditions and make recommendations on improving monitoring and reporting
- Documenting IT activities such as incidents and systems changes with regular participation in change control activities
- Interacting with other team members to offer assistance in troubleshooting, and transfer of knowledge in effort to cross-pollenate others with the required knowledge to effectively support
- Leveraging both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems
- Bring forward a positive attitude while participating in after hour and weekend network maintenance