Location: US, TN, BrentwoodApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for a Advisory Software Engineer who can help us build the next generation of information enabled supply chain management software running 24/7 in a high performance cloud based environment.
Do you have that unique and unlimited passion to build world class enterprise software products? Do you enjoy working on some of the toughest software problems while growing as a senior technology professional? Do you believe that enterprise software products must operate 24/7 without failure? Can you write code that embodies “failure is not an option” approach?
Then Opentext is the right place for you and your career.
You are great at:
- Java / J2EE, Web Services, REST, JMS, Spark, Scala, node.js and other recent technologies
- Deep understanding of relational and noSQL databases and technologies
- Utilization and understanding of HortonWorks framework
- Strong / deep understanding of OO design and associated modeling tools; proven experience and bias towards building reusable components
- Open source technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, Struts, Hive
- Automation of processes: continuous integration, unit testing, load / performance testing, functional testing, certification testing
What it takes:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5 to 8 or more years of experience developing enterprise software products; exposure to supply chain industry is helpful but not required
- Deep problem-solving skills
- Equally deep coding skills; you are a superb software craftsman – first and foremost
- Clearly a self starter; comfortable and highly effective when working across teams, including Product Management, Operations, and Professional Services
- Strong & demonstrated bias towards design for performance & configurability (the product will adjust itself to the customer needs; not the other way around)
- Experience developing instrumentation, remote monitoring, and auto update capabilities in software products that operate as an appliance in customer’s environment
- Experience leading small teams and coaching less experienced software engineers
- Deep awareness and command of Java centric software development lifecycle; can teach if asked; can develop a framework where one does not exist
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act