Global lead for the DellEMC Strategic Alliance. The Senior Director for DellEMC is responsible for the incubation and strategy development for establishing the foundational elements for a global resell partnership with DellEMC. This role will be responsible for the identification and development of a solution lead strategy that can support material revenue share between both organizations. The economic imperative is to establish and grow DellEMC into a strategic alliance creating the business value that drives joint strategic and financial outcomes.
Responsibility includes developing suitable strategy, messaging, and positioning to support respective business and pipeline objectives in close cooperation with DellEMC, OpenText customers, partners, and internal stakeholders. Act as expert and is recognized as thought leader and evangelist inside OpenText and within the DellEMC market, influencing solution innovations, core solution development and innovation and go-to-market strategies..
Key activities will be focused on business development and business planning based on research and development of new business solutions built on the OpenText and DellEMC portfolio. Additional tasks supporting sales enabling, demand and lead generation programs, sales support, collaboration with strategic partners and development of customer references.
She/he is building up GTM plans, determines the necessary budget and resource allocation and takes care of a successful roll out into the OpenText and DellEMC field. The Global DellEMC Program Management role will define the strategic direction for our portfolio together with Product Management, based on experience, market research and customer demand.
He/she will report to the Global Vice President of Strategic Alliances Ecosystem and works closely with sales managers, presales, local channel managers, product manager and other program managers for the solution suite.
• Market and Business Situation - Understand the fundamentals of market economics, whitespace and opportunities, and (global) business objectives.
• Inbound Influence on Product Development and Product Management – Provide basic market insights to drive product capabilities. Advocate for the customer. Help to influence and drive innovation.
• Business Plan Development – develop financial outlook and business justification for strategic alliance investments supporting resourcing and funding for partnership development and scalability
• Strategic Planning - Contribute to marketing business planning based on corporate priorities and whitespace opportunities. Deliver recommendations to the field.
• Program Planning - Contribute to Integrated Marketing Management on program build through messaging, positioning, content, and respective solution/industry expertise. Contribute the context including some high-level ecosystem insights.
• Core Content Development - Knowledgably collaborate with Ecosystem & Marketing to define (joint) offerings, positioning, and messaging that will be integrated into marketing programs, campaigns and programs.
• Influencer/ Analyst Management – Perform certain activities to drive strategy/interaction with market stakeholders such as Analyst Relations, Public Relations, and other communication channels (i.e. social media) to deliver thought leader messages into the market.
• Thought Leadership and Communication – With guidance, serve as a public voice to the market, and act as a solution evangelist.
• Develop Core Assets and Offers - Develop certain customer facing assets and ensure respective rollout and availability to marketing program managers and execution teams.
• Sales Enablement - Provide direct support (i.e. deal support, messaging, deal cycle, analysis, demos, etc.) to sales teams.
• Asses, analyze, and evaluate messages and market reactions (i.e. via social media channels) to optimize marketing strategies and influence communication
• Continuous benchmarking of actual performance versus business plan
• Tracking and management of pipeline development and business forecasting ensuring revenue target attainment
Job Specific Competencies & Skills
• Solution and Content Strategy & Development
• Market & Competitive Intelligence
• Press/Analyst Relations
• Audience Expertise
• Marketing Strategy Development
• Integrated Planning & Budgeting
• Building out a global business development team as the strategic alliance with DellEMC scales
• Forecasting and Pipeline Management