ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3,000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long-lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As an Open Text consultant you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. You will be supported with training on our solutions, the ability to receive relevant certifications and opportunities for advancement. Our experts also frequently have the opportunity to take part in international assignments. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same.
As a Professional Services Consultant you are a generally specialized engineer or information technology professional that can contribute to the customized systems solution for a client. Specific responsibilities include solution design and implementation activities including initial installation and programming, implementation, customization, integration and customer orientation.
Consultants may combine Company products with those of third party companies in order to complete the final system.
You are great at:
- As a business consultant in the international environment and the organization you are acting together with our customers and technical experts. You´ll be analyizing business processes and define optimization potential.
- You will have responsibility for moderating and steering the process to clarify the functional and technical requirements together with our customers, analyze technical environments and develop best practice implementations for our solutions.
- Depending on your experience you can innovate to improve existing customer solutions.
- Advising specific industry customers (mainly public sector) to make the best of their EIM solutions by:
- giving expert advice/support for the projects from conception to rollout
- designing test models
- developing concepts for the harmonization of business processes
- supporting Presales activities
- configuring also non technical OpenText products/solutions
What it takes:
- University/college degree, ideally in computer science or business administration or at least 1-3 years’ experience as a Consultant
- Experience with and knowledge about public sector specifica like organization, processes, regulations, trends, strategies
- Analytical and conceptual skills, planning and organizational skills.
- A high level of commitment and willingness to learn and the ability to quickly learn new subjects.
- Creativity in problem solving, solution- oriented work and high self-motivation.
- Knowledge of Open Text Content Server and Extended ECM is beneficial for the position.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages and technologies is required: SQL, Client Server, Web, Operating Systems (Windows, Linux), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server), programmer languages are beneficial (Java, C#, HTML, Java Script, OScript…)
- Fluent German and English skills
Location: Berlin or Duesseldorf or Frankfurt
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com