Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
• As a principal engineer, you should have deep design and coding skills.
• You will be part of a agile team, take on complex problems and design and code .
• You are not only expected to deliver your area but contribute to the overall team and product space.
• You are expected to lead the technical innovation within your product area.
• You are the technical expert in your area.
You are great at:
• Preparing high-level & low-level design documents and involve in development of software
• Provide hands-on technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers.
• Participates in and drives design sessions in the team.
• Drives the technical resolution of issues arising from changes to scope, requirements, design, etc.
• Reviews the Technical Architecture documents to ensure all required functionality is implemented
• Works with Quality Assurance to transfer knowledge and develop the test strategy and validate the test plan
What it takes:
8+ years hands on expertise on technology skills Java/J2EE (including servelt, jsp, taglibs, JMS etc)
Experience working on any one Application servers (Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, JBoss)
Experience in Database design and strong knowledge of SQL/PLSQL (oracle)
Experience in designing/development (design patterns) and testing of enterprise class systems.
Prior experience developing software using IDE (JBuilder / Eclipse/ IntelliJ)
Experience in Frameworks like Struts, Spring, Hibernate
Experience on XML technologies
Experience on Building Web Services and usage of AXIS framework
Experience working with Version Management Tools (SVN,Clearcase, CVS) .
Should be able to architect System designs.
Strong communication skills - verbal, written and listening
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer