Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
• As a Manager Software Engineering, you will Provide leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers
• You will be part of an agile team, take on complex problems and design and code.
• Working closely with Operations, Product Managers, Engineering Directors, Development teams, and Support teams on all planning, scheduling and execution of releases
• Handles multiple ongoing projects and releases to ensure release of high quality solutions
• Typically, you would have had 10+years of experience architecting and building Enterprise software products with 2+ years of leading a teams
• Experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master of a team is desirable
You are great at:
• Providing leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers building highly scalable and resilient multi-tenant services.
• Initiating/Participating in meetings/discussions related to solution scoping and iteration planning.
• Take the lead role in creation of plans and influence decision on roadmaps and strategies.
• Owning scheduling and directing the efforts of the team members, tracking the progress of the Ongoing projects and communicating issues and results clearly to stake holders on a regular basis.
• Working with management and project teams to identify requirements and priorities for the entire team.
• Managing Engineering teams, including building skills and career growth for individual contributors
• Managing the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibility
• Provides technical guidance to employees doing engineering design, development, and implementation work by establishing goals that are aligned with established policies and standards
• Overseeing development of Major/Minor releases and hot fixes
• Supporting customers on key escalations
• Interfacing with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present summary of on-going customer escalations
• Working with a variety of groups across multiple disciplines to continuously improve the effectiveness of the organization.
• Agile development, test and release process along with the particular challenges of developing , testing and certifying software solutions
• Full understanding of overall business, domain, Customer needs and competitive environment, including mission and strategic direction of the organization. Ability to lead people, projects, and operations
• Employee development, performance planning and review, counseling, evaluation, and hiring.
• Providing knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management
What it takes:
• Requires in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility
• Quick learner with strong technical and analytical (problem solving) skills
• Must have a demonstrated track record of managing and shipping *enterprise class- web based applications
• Ability to work across multi-geographic groups and time zones
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and cross-group work experience
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in deadline driven environment, and respond creatively to pressure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer