OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
You are great at:
- As a Manager Software Engineering, you will Provide leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers
- You will be part of an agile team, take on complex problems and design and code.
- Working closely with Operations, Product Managers, Engineering Directors, Development teams, and Support teams on all planning, scheduling and execution of releases
- Handles multiple ongoing projects and releases to ensure release of high quality solutions
- Typically, you would have had 10+years of experience architecting and building Enterprise software products with 2+ years of leading a teams
- Experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master of a team is desirable
- Providing leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers building highly scalable and resilient multi-tenant services.
- Initiating/Participating in meetings/discussions related to solution scoping and iteration planning.
- Take the lead role in creation of plans and influence decision on roadmaps and strategies.
- Owning scheduling and directing the efforts of the team members, tracking the progress of the Ongoing projects and communicating issues and results clearly to stake holders on a regular basis.
- Working with management and project teams to identify requirements and priorities for the entire team.
- Managing Engineering teams, including building skills and career growth for individual contributors
- Managing the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibility
- Provides technical guidance to employees doing engineering design, development, and implementation work by establishing goals that are aligned with established policies and standards
- Overseeing development of Major/Minor releases and hot fixes
- Supporting customers on key escalations
- Interfacing with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present summary of on-going customer escalations
- Working with a variety of groups across multiple disciplines to continuously improve the effectiveness of the organization.
- Agile development, test and release process along with the particular challenges of developing , testing and certifying software solutions
- Full understanding of overall business, domain, Customer needs and competitive environment, including mission and strategic direction of the organization. Ability to lead people, projects, and operations
- Employee development, performance planning and review, counseling, evaluation, and hiring.
- Providing knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management