Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Network Operations Center Monitoring Specialist is responsible for the 7x24x365 monitoring and remedial activities in support of IT Corporate and Production Cloud Services. The Monitoring Specialist will provide continuous monitoring and support, and perform routine activities for all systems and services globally. Knowledge of services, techniques and procedures are required and good communication skills, for consulting with users and next tier resources to determine and remediate hardware, software or system functionality, issues is also required.
With the goal to maintain agreed to high system availability numbers and a low Mean Time To Resolution (MTTR), the position requires effective communication and notification cross-functionally to address impacting, and potential impacting, events.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; ongoing monitoring, ticket creation, updates, management, escalation and notification as warranted, and participation on Incident calls as needed. Adherence to established OLA’s/SLA’s and a working knowledge of all monitoring and support tools.
Maintain a culture of continuous improvement, by providing suggestions for process improvements, providing updates to documentation, providing transfer of knowledge to peers in your area of expertise, and assisting in the training of new hires.
You are great at:
• Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience.
• 2 year Technical Degree and/or equivalent experience and training preferred.
• Intermediate skills / working knowledge of Open Source environments
• Must be willing to work any shift in a 24/7/365 work environment, some Holiday and weekend work required.
• Good verbal and written English communication skills and attention to detail
What it takes:
• Knowledge and use of common industry monitoring and support tools.
• Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally with upper management.
• The skills needed to prioritize issues.
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
• Self-motivated and quality-driven, balanced with technical support capabilities.
• Ability to defuse anger, resolve conflict and operate with a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to multi-task and respond to priority issues effectively.
• Ability to work independently, in a fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.