OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Information Intelligence division of OpenText, a world leader in information access, management and governance, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer at the Bangalore, India office. The position is in the OpenText OnDemand group, which offers customers access to OpenText Information Intelligence software products through a secure private cloud. As a Senior Software Engineer, you would be responsible for analyzing customer and administrator requirements, researching technologies, configuring software products, writing code and scripts, creating documentation, and transitioning solutions to the OnDemand operational team, in an effort to continually optimize the OpenText OnDemand offering for the best customer experience with the least cost of OpenText administration.
You are great at:
- Analyze OnDemand end-user and OpenText administrator requirements and translate into technical requirements for assigned software products/technologies
- Develop requirements analysis and design documentation. Present the documentation to a team of reviewers for approval at each stage
- Provide task estimates for assigned deliverables and participate in schedule creation. Work with project managers to update them on progress, risks, and risk mitigation plans.
- Define, document and execute appropriate unit tests. Participate in code reviews.
- Implement software installation, configuration, scripts, and code as required. Unit test the implementation of all requirements.
- Design and implement unit tests as necessary to ensure software ready for QA, and also perform testing or performance benchmarking activities.
- Resolve functional problems in assigned software units. May assist junior developers with problem resolution.
- Assist in software integration and smoke test as appropriate.
- Maintain software products by identifying improvements and resolving QA and customer problems.
- Provide post-release product support by assisting the technical support, professional services, and operations team members as required to transition knowledge and resolve issues.
- Work on independent research, feasibility or prototype projects.