OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Responsible for the development of Lifesciences solutions built on top of the ECD Documentum product suite. Understands solution requirements, assists in the detailed technical design and takes ownership to install, develop, certify and support the solution. Leverages industry best practices and the underlying Documentum platform capabilities to design and develop solutions that are easy to use, deploy & upgrade. Assignments may include development efforts for new products, enhancements or fixes to existing products. Capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
You are great at:
- Works as part of a team of engineers reporting to an Engineering Manager working on a particular industry solution
- Understands requirements, assist in detailed design, and adopt implementation approaches that leverage composition & configuration as opposed to extensive coding
- Performs coding, installation, development, configuration, integration, release packaging and testing activities. Collaborate with senior staff of architects and engineers as required during solution development. Work in conjunction with the other Engineering product lines to ensure alignment with underlying product capabilities and with the Product Support organization to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during development & ongoing sustenance
- Work with Product Support and the customer to understand customer issues & feature requests and assist with efforts to analyze and suggest workarounds/fixes to address the customer reported problems
- Assists in the development of technical documentation
- Submits activity/progress reports to senior staff in accordance with published procedures. Keep stakeholders informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Provide inputs at the end of the solution development cycle on learning(s) and suggest improvements
- Provides knowledge transfer to team members and train junior staff personnel
- Adheres to engineering processes and methodologies to perform the required function. Report deviations from defined processes to the Engineering Manager and recommend associated improvements
- Acquires Proven Certification in Documentum Content Management/xCP foundations, administration, programming, development