ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Senior Software Engineer on the Application Integrator team will deliver components using Java/J2EE. Development responsibilities include analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation, troubleshooting, and product support. The individual will need to apply significant experience translating business needs into system/application requirements, extensive knowledge of analysis and design methodologies, and a strong technology background. In this role, the Software Engineer must successfully work with the global Engineering team including business analysts, system architects, usability engineers, and subject matter experts to deliver the assigned tasks for the team. The individual will adhere to published standards and the architectural direction to complete design and development tasks that address business/product needs.
You are great at:
- Proficiency in Core Java/j2ee, Servlets, JSP
- Good understanding of J2EE Framework
- Good understanding of Spring, Struts and Hibernate framework
- Apache/Tomcat/WebLogic containers/environments
- SQL and Oracle databases (PL/SQL skills essential)
- Open Source tools/utilities including Eclipse, Subversion, Jira, Wiki
- SOAP/REST Web Services
- Basic UNIX/Linux (RedHat) knowledge
- Must have good knowledge of Design Patterns, db design and hands-on experience