ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
A Senior Application Engineer is responsible for deployment and support of complex software solutions in a highly mixed production environment of Windows and Red Hat Linux systems.
Responsibilities include the development of scripts, procedures, and standards for commercial solutions within the Messaging Team. Additional responsibilities include participation in the planning and execution of disaster recovery drills, and data center infrastructure projects for the applications supported. The applications being deployed must be highly automated and require minimal intervention once in production. Adherence to established best practices for application packaging, deployment, monitoring, housekeeping, security, disaster recovery, and backups is essential and required. It is also essential that detailed documentation be maintained so that all members of the team are able to share on-call support responsibility on a rotating schedule. You are great at:
- Participate in Change management meetings, readiness reviews, operations meetinge etc. as required.
- Ability to participate in a rotational 24x7 on call roster.
- Ability to participate in off hours and weekend maintenance windows.
- Respond to incident calls.
- Proactively drive troubleshooting issues.
- Be self-directed and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Produce documentation for team processes.
- Prioritize and adjust dates of planned work activities as required keeping customer or service impacts to a minimum.
- Work with project managers to insure projects have required changes necessary to meet project timelines.
- Represent the Trading Grid Messaging Team in the CAB and CEB meetings.
- Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity and effort to meet requirements.