ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
You are great at:
- As a Manager Software Engineering, you will Provide leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers
- You will be part of an agile team, take on complex problems and design and code.
- Working closely with Operations, Product Managers, Engineering Directors, Development teams, and Support teams on all planning, scheduling and execution of releases
- Handles multiple ongoing projects and releases to ensure release of high quality solutions
- Typically, you would have had 10+years of experience architecting and building Enterprise software products with 2+ years of leading a teams
- Experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master of a team is desirable
- Providing leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers building highly scalable and resilient multi-tenant services.
- Initiating/Participating in meetings/discussions related to solution scoping and iteration planning.
- Take the lead role in creation of plans and influence decision on roadmaps and strategies.
- Owning scheduling and directing the efforts of the team members, tracking the progress of the Ongoing projects and communicating issues and results clearly to stake holders on a regular basis.
- Working with management and project teams to identify requirements and priorities for the entire team.
- Managing Engineering teams, including building skills and career growth for individual contributors
- Managing the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibil
- Provides technical guidance to employees doing engineering design, development, and implementation work by establishing goals that are aligned with established policies and standards
- Overseeing development of Major/Minor releases and hot fixes
- Supporting customers on key escalations
- Interfacing with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present summary of on-going customer escalations
- Working with a variety of groups across multiple disciplines to continuously improve the effectiveness of the organization.
- Agile development, test and release process along with the particular challenges of developing , testing and certifying software solutions
- Full understanding of overall business, domain, Customer needs and competitive environment, including mission and strategic direction of the organization. Ability to lead people, projects, and operations
- Employee development, performance planning and review, counseling, evaluation, and hiring.
- Providing knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management