Function: Cloud Services
Location: India, Bengaluru
Region: ApjApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As the Manager of Event Management, you will be responsible for managing a team of monitoring engineers who are responsible the administration of our global monitoring infrastructure. Your team will be establishing monitoring of our cloud infrastructure and applications, as well as managing and maintaining the supporting technologies. You will ensure that the monitoring infrastructure is operating and performing optimally and efficiently; and ensure that all customers are being monitored. This position will be hands-on but will also require the management of a dedicated team who is are expected to analyze complex system behaviors or problems, and be able to trace issues across multiple systems. You team you and your team are ultimately responsible for ensuring our cloud infrastructure services are being monitored.
You are great at:
• Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assist with annual budget planning; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
What it takes:
• Strong reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills required.
• Comprehensive understating of network and cloud architecture
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science
• Prior Experience with most of the following technologies: HP-OM,BSM,Sitescope,Netcool,
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7/10, Windows Servers, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint, Active Directory, TCP/IP, VMware 6.5, VPN, and HP Network switches, or similar.
• 10+ years of IT experience in Monitoring and System Administration, with at least 4 years at a supervisory level.
• Knowledge of company supported platforms such as Windows, VMWare, VOIP, and MPLS networks. Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer network and data center hardware, software, and peripherals. Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems. Ability to learn and support new network components. Network and Data Center security experience required.
• Experience working in a high pace environment with responsibilities that include evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer