Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is seeking an Incident Manager. The Incident Manager manages technology incidents to quickly restore service following an outage or degradation of our Services. The Incident manager leads a cross functional team of Operations, Engineering and Client Services associates to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve service impacting incidents. The Incident Manager is the active facilitator and troubleshooting driver of Major Incident events.
This role requires shift work. We have three 8 hour shifts (US Eastern 8am-4pm; 4p-12a; 12a-8a).
Candidates should be great problem solvers, vocal leaders and have great written communication skills.
What it takes:
90 - 95% Work Focus
· Incident managers will be able to quickly acquire and maintain a high level general overview and knowledge of the end to end systems, services and tools used by and to support our customers and users.
· Reacts with ownership and urgency to escalated incidents.
· Faciliates technical and other resources through service restoration and recovery efforts for escalated incidents.
· Documents incident events, resolution and follow up action items.
· Uses appropriate tools (for ticketing, alerting, and collaborating) to manage incidents, troubleshoot, document resolution, and, where possible, begin root cause analysis.
· Communicates incident status in a calm, clear, accurate and concise manner.
· Escalates to Executive Management as needed.
· Provides leadership and ensures all involved remain calm, productive and focused on the proper steps necessary to resolve incidents, especially during service outages (service-impacting and customer-impacting events).
· Directs adhoc response team and makes key decisions to quickly restore services.
· Communicates at a high level of clarity and authority with associates, management and customers.
5 -10% Work Focus -
· When not responding to Incident events, Incident Managers will focus on studying the general systems and components of our major services and systems to be more prepared for the next event.
· Seeks continuous improvement of self, processes and services.
Required Knowledge , Skills And Abilities:
· Service Management processes detailed knowledge including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Broad industry experience for industry standard application software, hardware and networking.
· Able to lead, troubleshoot and take charge during high activity sessions.
Education and Experience:
· Demonstrated history of leading people during times of high activity, change or urgency.
· Bachelors degree in an IT field or equivalent work experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer