Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Working in the Product Information team, as part of the Engineering department, you are an integral part of a software development team that strives for perfection and is committed to success. Technical writers contribute to products across the Enterprise Content Management, Process, Customer Experience, Analytics, and Business Networks suites.
OpenText is seeking a talented, personable technical writer who contributes to the Product Information team by creating sophisticated technical documentation for a variety of software products.
You are great at:
• Producing high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete documentation with no errors, within established deadlines.
• Organizing and prioritizing tasks and have exceptional analytical skills.
• Managing multiple projects and deliverables.
• Working in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management.
What it takes:
• University degree or college diploma (BA or MA), preferably in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or Instructional Design, with 8 to 12 years of technical writing experience.
• Exceptional English and communication skills. Experience writing using a corporate style guide and following documentation processes.
• Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, and WebWorks ePublisher. Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
• Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce, and bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
• Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and creating single-source and minimalist content. Familiarity with DITA/DocBook and topic-based writing methodologies.
• Excellent at reviewing documentation written by other writers to ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality standards.
• Knowledge of video production techniques and experience with tools such as Camtasia.
• Experience defining and following documentation standards and best practices.
• Experience leading and managing documentation projects. Ability to meet target deadlines and project commitments.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer