Location: India, Bengaluru
Region: ApjApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Technical writers at Open Text Corporation produce software online help, documentation/guides, for users, system administrators, and developers. This content is published in electronic and online form.
You are great at:
• Research, organize, outline, write, and index help and documentation for Open Text products.
• Develop information and structured content for new products or solutions based on customer needs and goals.
• Research and develop an understanding of the customer and product requirements.
• Ensure high standards in content quality and consistency across product documentation sets.
• Develop and maintain Documentation plans and status reports for assigned projects.
What it takes:
• Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as FrameMaker, Flare etc.
• Sound knowledge of XML and HTML (desirable)
• Excellent technical experience with various help formats.
• Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce.
• Excellent knowledge of software development bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
• Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and single-sourcing.
• Experience writing and designing minimalist information.
• Excellent knowledge of graphics production.
• Good knowledge of video production.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional English skills.
• Experience working in an agile development process.
• Excellent knowledge of computer software, hardware, the Internet, and mobile devices.
• Excellent knowledge of computer development environments, operating systems, programming languages.
• Excellent ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management, to gain a strong functional understanding of the source information.
• Excellent ability to create graphics.
• Excellent knowledge of user personas and experience with customer research.
• Proven ability to produce documentation of above-average clarity, minimal errors, completeness, and overall quality, within established deadlines.
• Experience defining and following documentation standards and best practices.
• Excellent at reviewing documentation written by other team members to ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality standards.
• Strong contributor to the project teams of which the individual is a member.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Must work independently as well as part of large distributed team.
• Must work comfortably with software developers, quality assurance, product management, designers, customer support, training or other stakeholders on projects.
• Experience leading and managing documentation projects.
• Knowledge and interest in new technologies in Technical Communications.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) products.
• University degree or college diploma, for example, English or Computer Science.
• Technical Writing diploma; or equivalent technical writing experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer