ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Technical writers at Open Text Corporation produce software online help, documentation/guides, for users, system administrators, and developers. This content is published in electronic and online form.
You are great at:
- Research, organize, outline, write, and index help and documentation for Open Text products.
- Develop information and structured content for new products or solutions based on customer needs and goals.
- Research and develop an understanding of the customer and product requirements.
- Ensure high standards in content quality and consistency across product documentation sets.
- Develop and maintain Documentation plans and status reports for assigned projects.
What it takes:
- Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as FrameMaker, Flare etc.
- Sound knowledge of XML and HTML (desirable)
- Excellent technical experience with various help formats.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce.
- Excellent knowledge of software development bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and single-sourcing.
- Experience writing and designing minimalist information.
- Excellent knowledge of graphics production.
- Good knowledge of video production.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional English skills.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software, hardware, the Internet, and mobile devices.
- Excellent knowledge of computer development environments, operating systems, programming languages.
- Excellent ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management, to gain a strong functional understanding of the source information.
- Excellent ability to create graphics.
- Excellent knowledge of user personas and experience with customer research.
- Proven ability to produce documentation of above-average clarity, minimal errors, completeness, and overall quality, within established deadlines.
- Experience defining and following documentation standards and best practices.
- Excellent at reviewing documentation written by other team members to ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality standards.
- Strong contributor to the project teams of which the individual is a member.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Must work independently as well as part of large distributed team.
- Must work comfortably with software developers, quality assurance, product management, designers, customer support, training or other stakeholders on projects.
- Experience leading and managing documentation projects.
- Knowledge and interest in new technologies in Technical Communications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) products.
- University degree or college diploma, for example, English or Computer Science.
- Technical Writing diploma; or equivalent technical writing experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org