OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
The Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for building; integrating, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. These responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity. You are great at:
Perform the execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
Provide superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large datacenters located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere 5.5, vCenter, in a private cloud.
* Provide Application support for SAAS applications running on Windows, Linux and VMware platforms.
* Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
* Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues, interfacing with others as required.
* Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
* Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
* Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
* Recommend and evaluate new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
* Participate on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment and participate in On Call responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
All work needs to be done ensuring no customer impact, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
Provide 24/7 ‘tier3’ support of specific production system section and participate in a 24x7 on call schedule.
Assist with documentation creation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
Manages tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
Maintain production server documentation.