ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering you will provide project management and leadership on medium to large scale projects with internal and direct customer impact. Responsible for day-to-day management of Engineering team to ensure technical quality, product quality, and efficient use of resources. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and within agreed upon quality standards. Work closely with cross-functional teams within OpenText and partner with key stakeholders.
You are great at
- Deliver assigned projects to time, budget and agreed quality standards
- Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, other delivery teams and Release Management to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects to satisfy business needs
- Lead teams to ensure project delivery success
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, internal and external
- Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure world-class solutions that are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality
- Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations and delivering value
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
- Grow and manage the skills and talent in the team
- Manage People Resource processes related to objectives definitions, regular check-in, assessment and compensation
- Manage communication cross-functionally and escalate promptly as issues arise
- Facilitate regular Steering Committee meetings and present to senior level management
- Take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction during project delivery
- Maintain project management documentation including but not limited to project plans, issues, risks, action items, scorecards and project sites.
- Excellent problem solving skills