OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Platform Services Team (PST) is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Technical Lead who is interested in working on all layers of a software platform. They will be working in a highly collaborative cloud team (PST) with the main goal being to bring change that makes the lives of application developers easier. The team works in the dev-ops Model. The right individual is passionate about learning new technologies, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and embraces constant change as a way of life. If this describes you, come join us!
You are great at:
The Platform Services team owns the platform layer on which all Software Products reside. This includes, but is not limited to: Cloud Foundry, Continuous Integration, Caching services, database services, distributed file systems and integration with the IaaS layer. Each team member is self-motivated, collaborative, self-learning and has the power to take decisive action when required. To be successful as a team, it is key for every member to have strong computer engineering fundamentals. Additionally, the team works in the DevOps model and is responsible for deployments and maintenance of all components of the platform and environments.
PST Strongly believes in: Nothing is permanent except change. Constant change is part of the team lifestyle.
What it takes:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering
- 12 + years of Computer Science Engineering experience.
- Mentored and managed small R&D team for at least 4 years.
- Able to review work assignments and give constructive feedback
- Should be able to provide product requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS\Azure\GCE\OpenStack)
- Basic Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Previous experience with 3rd Party software installation and maintenance
- Must be a team player (positive attitude, willing to share knowledge with others, willing to learn, adaptable to change)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on projects against strict deadlines.
- Should have a Research & Development Mentality
- Working experience with PaaS (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and likes)
- Knowledge of Docker\Linux Container
- Basic knowledge of ELK Stack
- Should have worked with a PaaS system like Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, DotCloud Docker Cloud, Google App Engine, etc.
- Must have ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Basic Knowledge of how clustered state-full services work (Example: ElasticSearch, RIAK, Cassandra, Redis etc).
- Preferred: Strong Linux operating system knowledge
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.