Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Principal Engineer on the Managed Services team will design and deliver components using Java/J2EE. Responsibilities include analysis and design of the requirements mainly. It can also include coding/POC development, help the team in testing, deployment, documentation and troubleshooting and overall product support. The individual will need to apply significant experience translating business needs into system/application requirements, extensive knowledge of analysis and design methodologies, and a strong technology background. In this role, the Principal Engineer must successfully work with the global Engineering team including business analysts, system architects, usability engineers, and subject matter experts to deliver the assigned tasks for the team. The individual will adhere to published standards and the architectural direction to complete design and development tasks that address business/product needs.
You are great at:
• Proficiency in Core Java/j2ee, Servlets, JSP
• Good understanding of J2EE Framework
• Good understanding of Spring, Struts framework
• Apache/Tomcat/WebLogic containers/environments
• XML, XSD, JSON Schema
• SQL and Oracle databases (PL/SQL skills essential)
• Open Source tools/utilities including Eclipse, Subversion, Jira, Wiki, IntelliJ
• SOAP/REST Web Services
• Basic UNIX/Linux knowledge
• Must have good knowledge of Design Patterns, db design and hands-on experience
• Knowledge of developing web secure application
• Knowhow to develop JUnit test cases
What it takes:
• 7-10 years of overall experience, out of which, 4-6 years of experience in Java/J2EE programming and web application development, 3 years of exclusive designing of systems and solutions.
• Experience in design, development and integrating services in a highly-available service-oriented architecture.
• Experience in design, development of database, event, and Web-based applications with complex/rich UI workflows.
• Experience with E-Commerce, Supply Chain Management/Visibility, EDI and Mapping desired.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer