OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is seeking a talented, personable technical writer who contributes to the Product Information team by creating sophisticated technical documentation for a variety of software products. As a technical writer at OpenText, you plan the documentation strategy, create content, contribute to department innovations, and produce professional online help and guides. As a customer advocate, you participate in the planning process and help define the product documentation requirements.
You should be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision as part of a geographically distributed team. Team members work individually as well as part of a larger group. Your ability to organize your time and see projects through to completion is extremely important.
You are great at:
- Producing high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete documentation with no errors, within established deadlines.
- Organizing and prioritizing tasks and have exceptional analytical skills.
- Managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Working in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management.
- Researching and learning new technologies in Technical Communications.
What it takes:
- University degree or college diploma (BA or MA), preferably in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or Instructional Design, with 5 to 8 years of technical writing experience.
- Exceptional English and communication skills. Experience writing using a corporate style guide and following documentation processes.
- Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, and WebWorks ePublisher. Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce, and bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and creating single-source and minimalist content. Familiarity with DITA/DocBook and topic-based writing methodologies.
- Knowledge of documentation localization processes as well as software usability principles.
- Ability to create high quality graphics using tools, such as Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of video production techniques and experience with tools such as Camtasia.
- Excellent knowledge of computer development environments, operating systems, programming languages, and mobile devices.
- Ability to create customer-focused content using user personas and customer research.
- Experience defining and following documentation standards and best practices.
- Experience leading and managing documentation projects. Ability to meet target deadlines and project commitments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all project stakeholders in distributed locations.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) products.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org