Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is seeking a talented, personable technical writer who contributes to the Product Information team by creating sophisticated technical documentation for a variety of software products. As a technical writer at OpenText, you plan the documentation strategy, create content, contribute to department innovations, and produce professional online help and guides. As a customer advocate, you participate in the planning process and help define the product documentation requirements.
You should be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision as part of a geographically distributed team. Team members work individually as well as part of a larger group. Your ability to organize your time and see projects through to completion is extremely important.
You are great at:
• Producing high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete documentation with no errors, within established deadlines.
• Organizing and prioritizing tasks and have exceptional analytical skills.
• Managing multiple projects and deliverables.
• Working in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources, including development, QA, UXD, and product management.
• Researching and learning new technologies in Technical Communications.
What it takes:
• University degree or college diploma (BA or MA), preferably in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or Instructional Design, with 5 to 8 years of technical writing experience.
• Exceptional English and communication skills. Experience writing using a corporate style guide and following documentation processes.
• Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, and WebWorks ePublisher. Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
• Excellent knowledge of Configuration Management tools, such as Perforce, and bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
• Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and creating single-source and minimalist content. Familiarity with DITA/DocBook and topic-based writing methodologies.
• Experience managing documentation projects. Ability to meet target deadlines and project commitments.
• Ability to communicate clearly with all project stakeholders in distributed locations.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer