ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be building, evolving, and operating the systems used to power our cloud services. You will ensure that our environments are operating and performing optimally and efficiently; from development all the way to production. This is a hands-on operational role.
Success in this role requires very strong Linux system administration skills, an aptitude for distributed systems and attention to minute details. You need to have strong network, systems and troubleshooting abilities. You are expected to analyze complex system behaviors or performance problems, and be able to trace issues across multiple systems. You are a first responder and are ultimately responsible for ensuring our cloud infrastructure services are up and running.
You are great at:
- Operate and deploy cloud services and related projects from development to production
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
- Mentor team members on areas of subject-matter expertise
What it takes:
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a highly-complex technical operations environment
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux/UNIX administration, including Patch Management
- At least 2 years of experience with VMWare administration
- Hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Solid scripting skills
- Familiarity with vBlock architecture (blade servers, VNX, UCS, etc)
- Familiarity with IP networking (iptables, haproxy, vpn, tcp/ip, http)
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience, especially in a virtual (VMWare) environment
- Experience managing storage, both SAN and NAS (VNX, Isilon, Data Domain)
- Experience with production support, change control protocols
- Strong multitasking abilities and problem solving skills
- Experience managing highly available environments and configurations
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com