ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Regularly provides technical support expertise in a complex information infrastructure environment with the need to integrate EMC products and systems with other EMC and non-EMC computer systems being operated by customers. Ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both EMC's business operations and the business operations of EMC customers. Applies technical support expertise to resolve customer issues. Customer requests may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, remote maintenance calls, internal and field EMC employees, Chat and Web support calls. Works closely with peers and internal SMEs to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues. Identifies and provides resolutions to technical problems. Uses trouble-shooting tools, content and analytical practices to help determine best way to resolve identified and unidentified problems.
You are great at:
- Interfaces directly with customers
- May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- After training/learning period, manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and sometimes will include negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools, content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to resolve issues in unique and sometimes complex customer environments As appropriate, determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
- Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status
- Responsible for sharing acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with others to be used in future problem resolution
- Participate in eService content creation (self-service) such as Chat, and Support forums
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed