Location: US, TX, AustinApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for managing concurrent projects. You are also responsible for timely delivery of quality project outputs while performing appropriate scope management. You will manage the overall timeline, issues and risks for the project. Along with communicating project status and scope changes to project sponsors and upper management. We require a Technical Project Manager who has strong leadership, excellent communication, and “hands-on” project management skills, as well as proficiency in motivating and leading others through vision, strategic positioning, and leadership characteristics.
You provide a single point of contact for projects and take projects from original concept through final implementation. You facilitate definition of project scope and objectives with a team, and oversee/coordinate all aspects of project, plan and direct schedules as well as project budgets. You will provide Agile mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery and team workflow.
You are great at:
• Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
• Conducting project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables.
• Managing the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• Recommending/taking action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems.
• Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
• Breaking projects into measurable milestones
• Helping team achieve project goals while partnering with the Product Manager on overall business goals
• Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
What it takes:
• Minimum BS CS or equivalent experience
• 2 years of industry engineering experience, with at least 1 to 2 years in a management or project management position
• Proven track record of successful project/program management of mid-sized projects
• Agile project management training and experience required.
• Experience with project management of several concurrent projects for commercial operations, security and service management.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills required.
• Excellent communication and people skill required.
• Ability to organize, define charter, plan and create a team environment that will lead into a team motivated to deliver.
• Effective facilitation skills for participatory decision making.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act