Location: Netherlands, AmstelveenApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This position is to help managing cloud based email messaging and production platforms with high-profile partners. This role has significant exposure and involves proactively monitoring email deliveries and maintaining email deliverability. You will be working in a predominantly UNIX environment and will need to maintain close working relationships with various Internet Service Providers
You are great at:
• Working closely with Email/Internet Service Providers to help resolve domain name and/or IP address blacklisting issues. Explore opportunities to have our messaging platforms domain names whitelisted through Third Party Mail House agreements
• Proactively tracking delivery notifications and other sources to detect and help to resolve email deliverability issues
• Providing weekly and monthly status reports to management on various SPAM investigations and other email deliverability related issues.
• Developing scripts and/or applications as needed and maintain existing scripts and applications used daily in automation of the corporate email deliverability administrator duties.
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with others as required and continuously identify ways to help improving the quality of service
• Staying informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
• Using established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work environment clean, secure and well-maintained.
• Managing work and prioritizing effectively to meet milestones and project plans of both short and long-term projects plan and keep management, customers and vendors informed of issues and status.
• Teaching and coaching others to enhance their technical skills, troubleshooting techniques and email management practices.
• Reading and classifying postmaster email which includes messages from email spam reporting services, messages from recipients complaining about Spam and delivery problems.
• Assisting and helping in identifying possible abuses of our anti-SPAM policy.
• Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Administration of Internet facing services (HTTP, FTP, SSL, SOAP, XML/API, SMTP, DNS, TLS, Web Services, etc)
What it takes:
• Experience working with or administering email and other internet related protocols (ie. Web and DNS).
• Core knowledge of SMTP, Mail Transfer Agents, DNS and TCP/IP principles.
• Programming background in Shell, Perl and C.
• Good Unix skills highly desirable.
• System/network security related experience would be a plus.
• Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
• Written, verbal and listening communication skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
• Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
• Must be self-motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.