ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Senior systems engineer performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment and participate in On Call responsibilities. You are great at:
- Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Providing superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large data centers located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere 5.x, in a private cloud.
- Working within environments using vCloud Director and use your experience of that product while managing tasks within the cloud.
- Provide superior OS support for systems in several large data centers located around the globe running VMware platforms.
- Performing Application deployments in the private cloud using Cloud Foundry.
- Creating and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Providing technical assistance and troubleshooting by responding to inquiries from other groups regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Recommending and evaluating new and more effective approaches to Cloud administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
- Providing documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
What it takes:
- Expert level knowledge of Windows OS. (Windows 2008/2012) and Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos)
- Expert knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Strong working knowledge of vCD.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, SMTP, Kerberos, NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic routing concepts
- Strong scripting skills with experience in some of the following: Puppet, Chef, SALT, REST, PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Foundry and BOSH.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com