ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
This position can be based in any of the following OpenText offices: Alpharetta (GA), Austin (TX), Tinton Falls (NJ) or Brook Park (OH).
You are great at:
- Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Providing superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large data centers located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere 5.5, vCenter, in a private cloud.
- Providing Application support for SAAS applications running on Windows, Linux and VMware platforms.
- Writing and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with others as required.
- Staying informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
- Using established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Managing work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
- Recommending and evaluating new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
- Willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment and Participate in On Call responsibilities.