Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of our global storage environment. Included in this; deploying storage changes, working with vendors, maintaining storage backup infrastructure, ensuring performance specifications are met and other duties as directed. This person will participate in an on-call rotation to handle production impacting issues.
Please note, this position requires 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
You are great at:
• Participating in strategic projects
• Providing oversight of the global storage footprint
• Providing storage forecasts based on usage and trending
• Keeping up to date with storage manufacturers product offerings
• Providing Level 3 expertise for break\fix issues
• Ensuring accurate and non-impactful changes are implemented in the production environment by working with technical services storage resources
What it takes:
• B.S. in computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years progressive/related experience
• Experience with EMC, Netapp, Hitachi and HP 3Par Storage Array installation, configuration and administration
• Working experience with storage allocation, upgrades, optimization standard and storage Performance Tuning
• Proactively monitoring and tools implementation
• Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN switch installation, configuration and administration
• SRDF/DR , Storage management tools (ECC, SE, ESRS, SMC/SPA), NetBackup Administration
• Experience with EMC’s VMAX, VNX, Symmetrix and Celerra platforms, Hitachi (HDS), 3PAR storage, NetApp, Cisco SAN Switches & Symantec Netbackup and DataDomain.
• Hands-on VMware & vSphere Administration and scripting.
• Understanding of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act