Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments using automation tools to quickly provision customer environments to global standards. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
You are great at:
• Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Providing superior OS support for systems in several large data centers located around the globe.
• Providing Application support for SAAS applications running on Smart Datacenter and VMware platforms.
• Creating and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
• Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from other groups regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with other teams as required.
• Managing work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
• Recommending and evaluating new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
• Participating on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise.
• Participating in On Call responsibilities.
What it takes:
• Expert knowledge of unix operating systems (Redhat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris)
• Working knowledge of Puppet and/or Chef to automate system builds and application installs
• Working knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies and Windows OS.
• Proficient in writing unix shell scripts to accomplish difficult tasks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. (Word, Excel etc…)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Kerberos, NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic routing concepts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act