Senior Analyst, Disaster Recovery
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is seeking a Senior Analyst, IT Disaster Recovery for our IT Disaster Recovery Program (IT DRP). The incumbent will deliver services within this program as part of the IT Compliance (ITC) function in our Global Information Security (GIS) organization. In this role you will participate in the evolution of frameworks, processes and procedures related to our Disaster Recovery (DR) life cycle and will conduct validation activities as required to provide recoverability assurance for our corporate and commercial (Cloud and Data Center based) systems, platforms and applications. You will act both in an advisory role providing guidance on DR policies and practices, and in an operational role coordinating and executing DR exercises. The work requires close collaboration with applications and operations staff across multiple business units. Strong communication and partnership will be required to engage, organize and deliver services aligned to business requirements, operational priorities and corporate values.
You are great at:
- Leading and/or participating in validation initiatives such as recoverability assessments, Disaster Recovery (DR) test exercises, gap/issue analysis, remediation planning, risk reviews.
- Assisting in the identification and detailed planning for business- or platform-specific recovery strategies, and analysis of recommended disaster recovery plans.
- Developing and implement process improvements in support of IT Compliance and Disaster Recovery maturity and enhancement targets.
- Assisting in the development, maintenance, publishing, enforcement, and exception handling of DR-related policies, standards, procedures and controls.
- Supporting efforts to strategize, prioritize, and forecast DR initiatives through risk assessments and/or business impact analysis, taking into consideration related requirements and opportunities.
- Gathering and preserving evidence and artifacts in response to internal audits, external audits, and requests for information from existing and prospective customers.
- Participating with PMO, Change Management, Incident Management, or other IT staff.
- Gathering, documenting, and analyzing intake requests for contractual and compliance obligations.
- Identifying opportunities while creating and improving processes through simplification or automation and ongoing continuous service improvement activities.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Business or related vocations.
- 8 years’ experience in IT and 5 years of experience in either Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, Risk Management or relevant experience in Internal Audit, Quality Assurance and related disciplines.
- Systems integration or operations expertise (e.g. networking, infrastructure, middleware) or experience with software testing, problem management, release management.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in navigating through complex, abstract, or stressful projects and situations.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination in a cross-functional and/or virtual working environment would be an asset.
- Strong skills in relationship management and working in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- IT, Security, Audit, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Six Sigma, and/or Project Management certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated strength in working in a high change environment, strong decision making capabilities and problem solving skills.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.