Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Product Specialist position is instrumental in implementing OpenText products and providing product training to our customers in order to meet their business and technical solution needs. This position requires strong technical skills; regular collaboration with sales and customers; and will be working with multiple platforms, tools and a variety of OpenText cloud solutions and on-premise technologies. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who strive to solve real-life business and technology problems through implementation of cloud and enterprise solutions; and enjoy acquiring hands-on skills and experience with new technologies. Some travel may be necessary – up to 20% regional travel may be required.
You are great at:
• Participates and leads product implementation and configuration activities for OpenText cloud and premise-based solutions (e.g. EasyLink, RightFax, Capture, etc.)
• Interprets, analyzes, elaborates and clarifies customer project requirements, business processes and articulates how OpenText products can address customer’s business and technical needs.
• Applies basic project management methodologies, principles and techniques when implementing projects.
• Works with customer and project team members to review and develop scope documents, test plans, acceptance criteria, Statement of Work (SOWs) and other project documents.
• Supports customer with integration and deployment activitiies.
• Develops, participates in, and conducts technical training programs for customers globally.
• Determines overall training objectives.
• Writes training programs, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and designs laboratory exercises.
• Lectures class on a variety of OpenText products and services following outline, handouts and texts.
• Delivers training in classrooms, via webinar, and in on-site locations.
What it takes:
• Experience with system implementations, client/server technology and cloud solutions required.
• Knowledge of Windows Server technology (e.g. SQL, Exchange, Office 365), telephony (VoIP/FoIP), VMs desired.
• Prior experience working within Services, Consulting or Technical Training environment required.
• MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, Microsoft Skype and WebEx skills required.
• Experience with online training development tools, Adobe Captivate preferred.
• Experience with technical documentation tools, Adobe FrameMaker preferred.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems, Moodle preferred
• General EDI standards knowledge desired.
• Knowledge of basic networking and telco (VoIP/FoIP) infrastructure desired.
• 3-5 years of experience in Professional Services, Consulting, Technical Training or systems implementation/engineering or support experience within an enterprise software company/IT department.
• 3-5 years of hands-on implementation experience with cloud technologies and/or client/server technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act