Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Cloud Platform Product Manager will prioritize and manage the Cloud Platform/Services roadmap. The role provides the opportunity to influence strategic direction of OpenText cloud services and products supporting virtual and containerized platform services. Additionally, the product manager will align product management, engineering and market requirements with OpenText technology and operational capability.
You are great at:
• Owning the business plan for cloud services including; market and competitor analysis, product roadmap, pricing & launch strategies, financial projections and recommendations and actions for improvement.
• Leading and delivering cloud product strategy, steering the direction of the requirements for new products and services, product improvements, etc. Ensuring product strategy is market and not resource driven.
• Identifying new business opportunities within the market segment (range extension, new product/service offerings, third party alliances, etc.) and developing business proposals for these opportunities.
• Driving timely and effective product implementation from both an internal and external customer perspective.
• Monitoring product performance monthly taking corrective action (e.g. cost analysis, improvement programs, operational efficiency) if services are under performing.
• Leading the strategic design and specification for single and multi-tenant cloud platforms and ensure alignment with business goals.
• Provideing input into commercial and technical documents; building and developing the solution business case, ROI and TCO models for cloud infrastructure and platform solutions.
• Liaising with product engineering teams to ensure infrastructure design is considered alongside application design to ensure optimal performance and support efficiency of the application.
• Producing and maintaining documentation on infrastructure requirements including hardware and software bills of materials.
• Working with engineering, systems design and support teams to ensure that current and planned products are achievable and delivered to market according to the agreed specification.
• Developing close working relationship with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors.
• Keeping abreast of latest product and service developments within the industry.
What it takes:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of progressively responsible product management, infrastructure engineering or architectural experience
• Competent in PaaS, orchestration and automation concepts and software design in a highly available commercial environment
• Strong and current experience in PaaS technologies and associated peripheral services
• Demonstrate effective documentation of complex design and architecture
• Proven ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
• Lead and manage cross functional resources to achieve successful business outcomes
• Demonstrated peripheral vision; designing for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind
• Ability to translate business needs to technical requirements
• Ability to educate, communicate and present effectively with technical stakeholders and senior leadership to gain consensus on standards and solutions
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act