Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This position provides both routine and expert level network design, understand all aspects and best practices for enterprise data center infrastructure. The successful candidate will work diligently to meet project and business time lines for design and deployment of network infrastructure. This role involves providing the best solutions for connectivity between data centers and clients. There is after hours support work required with this opportunity.
You are great at:
• Providing day to day support of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers utilized by Network Operations.
• Planning and recommending design that could improve the existing network environment.
• Providing analysis of network capacity and health.
• Implementing networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure.
• Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and communications absolutely essential.
• Participating and providing feedback into the day to day Network Operations
• Escalating critical issues to manager in a timely manner.
• Coordinating technical implementation with partners from business.
What it takes:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with various network devices
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with network design best practices
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in general Network Engineering
• Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills
• Expertise on design, build and support of network infrastructure.
• Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Multivendor Network Environment)
• Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN), Layer2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policy.
• Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act