Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
A Principal Application Engineer is responsible for deployment and support of complex software solutions in a highly mixed production environment of Windows and Red Hat Linux systems. The application engineer regularly works with others in Operations, Product Development, other application engineering groups, platform engineers, system performance engineers, and network engineers.
Please note this position requires participation in a rotational 24x7 on call roster and participation in off hours and weekend maintenance windows.
You are great at:
• Participating in Change management meetings, readiness reviews, operations meetings etc. as required.
• Responding to incident calls.
• Proactively drive troubleshooting issues.
• Producing documentation for team processes.
• Prioritize and adjusting dates of planned work activities as required keeping customer or service impacts to a minimum.
• Working with project managers to insure projects have required changes necessary to meet project timelines.
• Proposing creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity and effort to meet requirements.
What it takes:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent.
• Ability to analyze data and form conclusions using data from a wide range of data sources.
• 7 to 10 years of Unix/Linux system administration experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience deploying and supporting production applications
• Experience with J2EE servers/servlet engines and container technologies.
• Experience with Weblogic 10g, Weblogic 11g, Tomcat Containers, Fuse MQ, and Webservices portals.
• Knowledge of file transfer and messaging protocols(FTP, SFTP, FTP SSL, AS2, Connect:Direct, Websphere MQ, Active MQ, OFTP, X400, etc).
• Proficiency in writing scripts (bash, ksh, perl, Expect, AWK, Python, Perl is a plus)
• Must be well versed in Internet protocols (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, SML, etc.)
• Experienced supporting customer applications in a commercial environment.
• Must have excellent trouble shooting skills and experience isolating/resolving highly complex issues
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act