Location: US, GA, Alpharetta
Region: USApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Principal Application Engineer is responsible for the deployment and support of complex software solutions in a highly mixed production environment of Windows and Red Hat Linux systems.
This person will regularly work with others in Operations, Product Development, other application engineering groups, platform engineers, system performance engineers, and network engineers.
**Other OpenText office and/or virtual locations will be considered**
You are great at:
• Participating in Change management meetings, readiness reviews, operations meetings etc. as required.
• Responding to incident calls and proactively driving troubleshooting issues.
• Producing documentation for team processes.
• Prioritizing and adjusting dates of planned work activities as required keeping customer or service impacts to a minimum.
• Working with project managers to insure projects have required changes necessary to meet project timelines.
• Representing the Trading Grid Messaging Team in the CAB and CEB meetings.
• Proposing creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity and effort to meet requirements.
• Having the ability and willingness to participate in a rotational 24x7 on call roster as well as the ability to work off hours and on weekend maintenance windows.
What it takes:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent. With a minimum of three years experience in data communications and networking.
• 7-10 years of Unix/Linux system administration experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience deploying and supporting production applications as well as experience supporting customer applications in a commercial environment
• Experience with Weblogic 10g, Weblogic 11g, Tomcat Containers, Fuse MQ, and Webservices portals.
• Knowledge of file transfer and messaging protocols(FTP, SFTP, FTP SSL, AS2, Connect:Direct, Websphere MQ, Active MQ, OFTP, X400, etc).
• Proficiency in writing scripts (bash, ksh, perl, Expect, AWK, Python, Perl is a plus)
- Must be well versed in Internet protocols (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, SML, etc.)
• Experience with J2EE servers/servlet engines and container technologies
• Excellent communication and time management skills as well as experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• SSL Certificate Management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act