Data Intake Specialist
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Data Intake Specialist will be a self-starter with technical knowledge, solid troubleshooting skills, detail orientation, and experience in using various forensic software tools. The Intake Specialist must be comfortable working both individually and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment, where the ability to communicate effectively across teams, multitask and troubleshoot is essential.
You are great at:
- Ensuring the proper handling and management of incoming forensic data either via physical media or through electronic transfer.
- Running scripts for copying data and have the technical skills and knowledge to effectively investigate and resolve issues that arise in handling forensic files.
- Running Directory Reports on data and share that information with interested parties.
- Ensuring that priority data is addressed quickly and avoid any delays in managing the intake of data.
- Setting up new projects in the JIRA ticketing system and working in OpenText proprietary applications to set up project tracking.
- Performing in-depth QC of all work performed, adhering to our checklist formats and service levels for quality.
- Updating job tickets with status updates and state changes associated with active tasks.
- Identifying issues and communicate to senior members of the team and/or management.
- Assisting with the coordination with other teams to appropriately plan engagements to meet client deliverables/timelines, resolve specific issues, and improve overall quality and efficiency.
- Managing changing requirements and workload. Flexibility to work at different times as needed and be adaptable to new responsibilities.
What it takes:
- Two-year college degree required and four year college degree preferred, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc.).
- The ideal candidate has litigation support analyst/specialist experience in a vendor, law firm or corporate legal department with an emphasis on litigation support technology and the handling of forensic files.
- Strong knowledge in regards to handling and managing forensic data and following proper Chain of Custody protocols.
- Experience in using Guidance Encase software and AccessData’s FTK Imager.
- Ability to understand principles of forensic integrity in information acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent ability to follow Open Text’s detailed processes, workflows, and prescribed procedures with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in fast-paced data production environments.
- Strong working knowledge of basic PC functions and Windows environment.
- Knowledge of compressed file formats (.zip, .rar, .7zip. etc.); use of various File Transfer Protocols (FTP) tools; and familiarity with Remote Desktop and VPN.
- Ability to complete required documentation and reporting in a timely fashion.
- Excellent problem solving ability, verbal and written communication skills.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.